Best Use of Summative Assessment
This award seeks to acknowledge an assessment product which brings clearly identifiable benefits to summative assessment in a specific field(s).
Applications for this award need not be made by a supplier, but supplier-led nominations will be considered with equal merit. Each application must include details of at least one case study, which showcases use within a specific institution.
There are no restrictions on the nature of summative assessment solutions which can be entered for this category, beyond the requirement that they must already be in use. This award covers both assessments and assessment systems for any age range, which can focus on any subject matter; covering both academic and vocational subjects.
Submissions will be judged according to how well they meet each of the criteria below (max 1000 words). We also request a brief overview, or executive summary for the judging panel (max 200 words). Please do not submit any additional information, such as links to websites; this information will not be considered in initial shortlisting. Each submission will be considered on individual merit.
- Has the summative assessment solution been developed to address a clearly identified need? What is this need? How has the need been addressed?
- Is there is demonstrable evidence of a successful implementation strategy, including alignment with organisational goals, engagement with key stakeholders, marketing, piloting, support and evaluation?
- Please provide details of the specific achievements delivered by the solution to date. For example: improved user performance, cost savings, time savings.
- Is it distinctive and innovative? What does this solution offer that is different to any comparable products?
- Is it easy for students and assessment administrators to use? Please provide details of features which support ease of use, e.g. screen layout and navigation, user guidance, etc.
- Does it support accessibility for users with a wide range of needs by allowing customisation of features features – e.g. alternative formats, audio options, or adjustable text size? Please provide details.
- How robust / reliable is the assessment delivery system?
Sponsored by SQA
“SQA is delighted to sponsor the Best Use of Summative Assessment award at this year’s e-Assessment Awards. Qualifications and learning can be a powerful motivator that can help individuals to progress and develop, as well as supporting employers in continuing to develop their workforce to meet current and future demands.
“SQA believes that the effective use of digital technologies has the potential to transform summative assessment, delivering benefits for learners, centres and employers. We look forward to recognising the innovative, creative, and accessible ways that these benefits are being realised.”
Graeme Clark, Head of Digital Assessment Services at SQA