This award seeks to acknowledge an individual, team or organisation that has undertaken a project that has been highly innovative in terms of new technology, or how technology was used in a new and different way for the project. The idea does not have to be new, but could be used in a way not previously carried out, or in a new environment or location. It could bring together both new and existing products and services to solve a new problem.
There is no requirement for any product or concept to already be commercially used.
Submissions will be judged according to how well they meet each of the criteria below (max 1000 words). We also request a brief overview, or executive summary for the judging panel (max 200 words). Each submission will be considered on individual merit.
- What was the reason for developing this innovation? Were you looking to solve a particular problem or challenge? What evidence is there of a need for this innovation?
- What detailed research was undertaken to establish if an existing solution was available, and what other detailed research took place?
- What was the reason for choosing the new, or existing, technology or process?
- What pilots or trials were carried out and how have these shaped further innovation and development?
- What were the barriers to adoption of the new technology or process and its innovative nature? How was use and purpose of the new technology/innovation communicated to stakeholders?
- Is the innovation scaleable and can it be transferred into different customers/organisations or environments?
- How will this innovation provide value for money?
Sponsored by RM Results
"RM Results is proud to continue our long-standing commitment to e-assessment by sponsoring the Innovation Award at the 2018 e-Assessment Awards.
Continuous innovation in developing RM Assessor, the world’s most widely used high stakes e-marking platform, is at the heart of our business, making this award the natural choice for us. We look forward to the awards and to hearing about the exciting innovations shortlisted this year".
Melanie Thomson, Head of Marketing, RM Results