This award acknowledges the contribution made by an individual who, in the opinion of the independent panel of judges selected by the e-Assessment Association, deserves to be honoured for his or her contribution and sustained commitment to e-assessment over the duration of his or her career.
The category is for nomination by a third party. Institutions and individuals are welcome to submit nominations for consideration.
The individual may have had influence on the design, development, promotion, execution or support of e-assessment at a local, regional, national or international level.
Each submission will be considered on individual merit. For this particular award you may like to consider some or all of the following points:
- Is there a specific stakeholder community (or communities) to which the individual has contributed?
- Does this stakeholder community encompass a recognised area of assessment that could be, or has been changed by the use of e-assessment solutions?
- What evidence is available to demonstrate his or her vision and work – published papers, conference contributions, influencing key decision-makers, building a new consensus of opinion?
- Has the individual demonstrated a long-term commitment to one or more stakeholder communities, working through and overcoming issues such as scepticism, lack of interest, funding challenges, practical difficulties and lack of willingness to take risks?
- Has the individual been flexible in approach over their career, such that the vision has not been compromised but the route to achieving it may have been varied from that first envisaged?
- Has the individual developed a profile as a ‘go-to person’ in the stakeholder community or communities where he or she is recognised as an authority?
- Has the individual demonstrated that he or she has kept pace with new developments in the sector and with technology, which may have impacted upon his or her field of work over time, and been able to adapt where appropriate as a result?
Sponsored by ACER
"ACER’s mission is to create and promote research-based knowledge, products and services to improve learning. ACER recognises the increasingly important role that e-assessment is playing in measuring and fostering learning across the educational spectrum. We are proud to continue our sponsorship of the e-Assessment Award for Lifetime Contribution in 2018 – an award that recognises the importance of sustained, committed research and development in this burgeoning field.
Dr Bob Gomersall was a deserving winner of the inaugural 2017 award and we welcome the opportunity to acknowledge another individual’s contribution to e-assessment through the 2018 awards"
Research Director and General Manager, ACER UK