Best Transformational Project
This award seeks to acknowledge projects where technology has positively and genuinely transformed assessment practices. Transformation may have been achieved through the adoption of new e-assessment solutions or by the enhancement and further development of existing e-assessment practice.
We recognise that e-assessment is not always entirely formative or summative, and may not necessarily use the most innovative technology, but can bring about a genuine transformation to any organisation or institution, or part thereof.
We welcome applications where there has been a successful change to a process with demonstrable benefits, not necessarily associated with the use of a specific product; or where a new approach to implementation has seen a marked improvement in the assessment of skills and knowledge.
The project could have been for any scale and we welcome submissions from schools, colleges, employers, private training organisations, awarding organisations, corporates or Government departments.
We welcome applications supported by testimonials from learners, administrators and assessors in support of the application.
Submissions will be judged according to how well they meet each of the criteria below (max 1000 words). We also request a brief overview, or executive summary for the judging panel (max 200 words). Please do not submit any additional information, such as links to websites; this information will not be considered in initial shortlisting. Each submission will be considered on individual merit.
- Was the project undertaken to address a clearly identified need? What is this need? How has the need been addressed?
- How has the project transformed teaching and learning, or measuring performance? What is it that the project achieved that made a difference to the users and the institution, organisation or assessment as a whole?
- Is there is demonstrable evidence of a successful implementation strategy, including alignment with organisational goals, engagement with key stakeholders, marketing, piloting, support and evaluation?
- Does it signpost opportunities for learners / students and teachers to use the outcomes of assessments to structure future learning in a consistent way?
- In what way is this project the ‘best fit’? In what way has the project proven to be the right solution for the right institution or organisation or assessment? What are the unique qualities of this project that have supported the transformation in assessment practice.
- Did the project address accessibility for users with a wide range of needs? How was this achieved, e.g. by allowing customisation of features features – e.g. alternative formats, audio options, or adjustable text size? Please provide details.
- Did it provide value for money?
Sponsored by RM Results
“RM Results is proud to sponsor the 2019 e-Assessment Award for Best Transformational Project.
With technology developing at an unprecedented pace, e-assessment has the potential to truly transform the assessment landscape over the coming years.
RM Results partners with world-leading awarding organisations and education institutions to embrace digital transformation. Our purpose is to enable continuous improvement in the efficiency, security, efficacy and reliability of assessment, so that every student gets the results they deserve.”
Tim Downie, Business Development Director, RM Results