Terms and Conditions: Award Entries
- Entry to the e-Assessment Awards is free of charge.
- Entries must be submitted in the required format before the closing date advertised on the website.
- If you have any queries about the application process, please contact the Association via email@example.com at least one week prior to the closing date.
- You may enter as many categories as you wish. It is your responsibility to click save on your entry form after entering your contact details, as until this is clicked, no data input in to the website will be saved. Clicking save will result in the generation of a unique web-link from which you can continually edit your application right up to the application deadline. As soon as you are sent your unique web-link, you may return to the Enter Now page and commence another application.
- All applications, whether complete or incomplete, will be submitted for judging immediately after the deadline for applications has passed, and you will no longer be able to access your application via your unique web-link. If you have not finished one or all of your applications in time and do not therefore wish them to be judged, please notify us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- The awards are open to anyone. Entries made in a language other than English will be accepted, but the judging panel may be dependent on a free translation service such as Google Translate and as such we cannot take any responsibility for any errors in translation by a third party.
- A distinguished panel of independent experts will meet to create a shortlist in each category. Shortlisted applicants will then be invited to present their application in more detail via video conference with the panel for that award.
- The judges decision will be final.
- The Awards are organised by the e-Assessment Association and we will only use any personal information collected via the website for the purposes of administering the Awards programme. No personal data collected via the website will be passed to any third party or be used for any other purpose.
- We will accept up to two supporting image files, but these will only be considered by the judges where there is a clear identifiable link to the criteria and no exception will be made to the file type and size accepted by the website.
Terms and Conditions: Gala Dinner
These terms and conditions refer to the purchase of one or more tickets to the e-Assessment Association Awards Gala Dinner.
- The purchaser must provide the e-Assessment Association with the full name of the attending guest(s) at least two weeks prior to the dinner date, along with any special dietary requirements. Will will not hold any personal information after the event.
- You will be allocated one place per ticket. You may purchase a maximum of ten tickets without any prior correspondence with the e-Assessment Association. There are no available discounts for multiple purchases.
- Any additional guests, following an initial booking, must also be registered to attend at the chargeable rate of £100pp plus fees, subject to availability.
- The Gala Dinner includes a three course meal, plus half bottle of wine per person as supplied by DoubleTree by Hilton. There will be a cash bar.
- In the event of any situation that prevents any of your guests from attending, for example transport strikes, adverse weather conditions, acts of God, terrorist attack or personal health, the e-Assessment Association will not be held responsible and is unable to offer refunds, but alternative guests will be accepted by notification to the e-Assessment Association, i.e. tickets are transferable up to the last minute by notifying the Association. At very short notice, the Association may be unable to amend names on seating plans and place cards and the venue may be unable to amend any changes to any special dietary requirements.
- You will be responsible for the cost of the following:
- Travel and accommodation expenses
- Any additional items ordered by you at the venue or through the e-Assessment Association or other third party organisations.
- Personal Property: The Organisers accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to personal property.
- More than 21 days before the event: We will accept cancellations by email (but not by phone) and refund minus an administration cost of £20 per ticket
- Less than 21 days before the event: We accept cancellations by email (but not by phone) but will be unable to offer a refund unless the ticket(s) are re-sold. In the instance that we are able to resell a ticket, we will refund as above, minus the £20 administration fee.
- Please note: dinner tickets are fully transferable by notifying the Marketing Co-ordinator of the e-Assessment Association by email. Very late notice may result in the venue being unable to change or support any special dietary requirements and for the table plan to be amended in time.
- Tickets for the dinner sent out as part of an Awards Sponsorship package are subject to separate terms and conditions.
e-assessment.com is a site operated by the E-Assessment Association. We are a membership organisation registered in England and Wales.
Reliance On Information Posted & Disclaimer
The materials contained on our site are provided for general information purposes only and do not claim to be or constitute legal or other professional advice and shall not be relied upon as such. We do not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on the information on this site and to the fullest extent permitted by English law, we exclude all liability for loss or damages direct or indirect arising from use of this site.
Accessing our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time.
Intellectual property rights including copyright
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Other than as stated here, all rights are reserved. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
Without prior permission from us, you must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Our site changes regularly
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to our site
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We reserve the right to report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Links from our site
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site.
If you have any concerns or feedback about material which appears on our site, please contact email@example.com. Thank you for visiting our site.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
As we sell products it's important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you.
For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.